Who am I?
Funny, when I started this journal (blog) it was not meant to be about me personally, but was meant to showcase some of my weekly illustrations and to collaborate with other illustrators. But, I just feel like something is missing here. So often I want to write about something more personable but reframe for fear that what I journal might be taken the wrong way and that this might somehow tarnish my illustrative career. Silly, I know. I return to other's journals sometimes just because they have let me into their world a little. (See paragraph above). So, here goes...
My Inner Gizmo Workings
1. Starbuck's Latte's are a given.
2. I can never have enough books and as a child read 5-6 books a week. The first priority was to read the thickest books I could find.
3. I have been know to spend up 6 1/2 hours in Barnes and Noble with my husband.
4. I love and adore my children, they are the center of my world. They are wonderfully unique, funny and very loving. They are intelligent and teach me to look at things differently and I learn from them too.
5. Polka dots and stripes inspire me. Roses make me nostalgic, Jasmine makes me melt.
6. I eat spinach because Popeye is da bomb!
7. I am passionate for anything antique.
8. I use to golf with a retiree's group and they think of me as one of the gang.
9. At Christmas I often give gifts I would love to have but never give or make one for myself.
10. I stopped doing that; now I give myself the same gift too! :)
11. Favorite dogs are doberman's and labs. I have had both and now have a black lab.
12. Sometimes I have been known to eat chocolate pudding with granola ever day for a week.
13. Being outdoors and in the mountains is like no other place on earth.
14. I can't live without water near me.
15. My husband and I do everything together. I love to hunt with him.
16. I am a clothes horse, without the horse of course!
18. I once wanted to be a fashion designer. I once wanted to be a cartoonist.
19. If I could ski all year-round I would.
20. Red is my favorite color, then blue and green.
21. I wore contacts for 25 years.
22. I look at my cup as half full.
23. Gardening is a passion that inspires my creativity.
24. I have a weakness for Sheridan's Frozen Custard Bucakroo's.
25. A woman can never have enough shoes.
26. Lived in Canada and 5 US states.
27. Color I wear most often is black.
28. I am told I am an amazing cook.
29. Please don't ever call me Peggy.
30. My best friend is my husband.
31. I am drawn to the elderly and those who are in need.
32. Hockey is my favorite sport to watch.
33. I once wanted to be a candy striper but got nauseated at the sight of blood.
34. Staying healthy is a priority. I work out at least 3 times a week.
35. Primary colors are my favorite. Bright colors inspire and infuse me with energy, soft shades soothe me.
36. I am very sentimental.
38. What matters most: who you are inside.
39. Favorite food: my Mom's homemade tacos.
40. My kids quote me: "Charmed I'm sure".