n. pl. id·i·o·syn·cra·sies
A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.
A physiological or temperamental peculiarity.
An unusual individual reaction to food or a drug.
1. Kim and I are very much alike in the fact that we "always pick up stray pennies off the ground, we find them all the time." I not only pick up pennies, but all coins and bills! "A penny saved is a penny earned". Better me saving the penny or coin I find on the ground than the next person who doesn't think its worth it or their time. The most I have every found, a $20 dollar bill and $15.00 in a ten and five ones. No one around to claim it so I became the "fortune-ate" finder. My youngest son spent most of his entire childhood finding money in one ice hockey arena or another. All our children and my husband now don't pass up a coin - except in heavy traffic of course!
2. At night, my husband tells me I raise my arm and gentle stroke the inside of it. I am always surprised when I hear this as I don't recall it. I often absent mindedly do it during the day while talking to someone. I think it is some kind of relaxation technique or that I am just plain comfy.
3. At events I often take 1/2 of a dessert offered then go back for the second half later. My family and co-workers say "why don't you just take the whole thing to start with, your going to eat it anyways." I think about it in two ways: if I satisfy my taste buds I will skip the second piece or I can go back for seconds and really only get the first- no extra calories and no guilt!
4. I have had taken strengths testing and found that my number one strength is "Maximizer." What it boils down to is that I like to refine and improve on something until it is at its best or highest potential. Like the polishing of a pearl. In short, a perfectionist. NO wonder I am so critical of my own work. I come by this via my mother who is also a perfectionist. I also see and encourage others strengths and not their weaknesses. I most often look for the good and positive in everything, not the bad or negative.
5. I am a Leo, extroverted, loving, loyal, faithful, creative and enthusiastic, generous and warmhearted, broad minded and expansive, independent, a born leader, ambitious, courageous, articulate, self confident and magnetic. No, I am not going to go there...no negative stuff for me!
Tagging Rozzie, Pamdora, Cindy of Learning Daily, Cheri, Eefje of Gastrono-Me.